What conditions can benefit from Aquatic Therapy?
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sports Related Injuries
- Post Surgical
- Strains & Sprains
- Balance Disorders
- Neurological Conditions
…and so many more!!!
Why Aquatic Therapy?
- Water buoyancy reduces compression and stress on weight-bearing joints, bones and muscles, making it less painful to exercise.
- Allows for graduated weight-bearing activities early in the rehabilitation process, promoting a normal gait pattern.
- Provides a gradual progression into functional land activities.
- The warm water promotes reduced pain and muscle spasms.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Able to perform range of motion (ROM) and flexibility exercises with greater ease in the water during initial stages of rehabilitation.
- Allows for pain free movement in a weightless environment early in the rehabilitation process, speeding up recovery.
- Water provides a safe environment to move and challenges the ability to balance while engaging the core muscles.
- Provides variable resistance training to increase strength and conditioning while returning patients to their daily activities or sport in a shorter period of time.
- A 92 degree therapeutic water temperature.
- Variable water depths of 4, 5 and 6 feet.
- A 5-foot well that includes a bounding station and a running platform that can be used with the propulsion system.
- A 6-foot well will provide weightless treatment in a deep water environment.
- A patented water propulsion system that provides variable speed resistance or assistance.
- A stair station with handrails for easy access into the water.
- A special lift chair for quick transfers into the pool as needed.
- An extended bench workstation for seated exercises.
- Massage jets and wand for deep tissue massage and relief of muscle pain.
Call to schedule an evaluation with one of our Aquatic Therapists today!!